Christmas in Las Vegas is a magical thing. The Las Vegas strip sprinkles a little bit of holiday cheer all over everything, and there isn’t a place in the world that can match our swag. All of our usual attractions, like the Bellagio Fountains, are sending out Big Christmas Energy with projections, decorations and the holiday music we’ve been waiting for all year. I’d LOVE for the world to start looking at Vegas during the Holiday season, so here’s a couple of things to be aware of, what’s going on and my recommendations.
Vegas is not really less busy during the Holiday Season, so don’t expect any holiday discounts or extra space. It will be the general amount of crowded…if not a bit more! Buffets and full course meal/dine-in options are going to be a little more expensive b/c they are going to be WAY more decked out than usual. It’s cold as all hell here to me right now, it’s like in the 50s all week so bundle up for that. On the bright side, there are SO many things happening, most things are going to be open and at its usual hours except for our local/neighborhood places, some of our clubs and bars will also close for the holidays. If you’re curious about the hours of any specific place, drop a comment and I’ll check it out.
Family Fun on the strip, I love holiday’s in Vegas for the whole family. We really go all out, and it’s such a vibe during the Christmas season! On the strip for the Family, I love almost everything but starting with the one thing I’ve been recommending more than anything this season:
Family Fun ON the Strip
- The Rink – Cosmopolitan – $25 skate rental ($15 local, military & cosmo guests mon – thur)
- Dec 21- Jan 5: Noon – 11pm
- Dec 24 & Dec 25: Noon-Midnight
- Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- 24 Hours
- Gingerbread house @ Aria
- 24 Hours
- Linq Promenade – Each venue varies, but walking through is always free and 24 hours
- Tournament of Kings – Twas the Knight – Every single day this week
- Shows at 5:30 & 8PM
- Dec 23 & 24 5:30 show only
- The Park – Holiday Experience
- Fri Sat & Sun 5 – 9
- Monday for the Vegas Golden Knights game time varies
Family Fun OFF the Strip
- Rock rink @ Downtown Summerlin – $15 skate rental
- Dec 20: 4PM – 9PM
- 21-23 Dec: 10AM – 10PM
- Dec 24: 10AM – 6PM
- Closed Christmas Day
- Dec 26 – Dec 30: 10AM-10PM
- Go play in the snow
- Sam’s Town Mystic Falls
- Show: 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, 10:00pm
- Dec 20: 4PM – 8:30PM
- 21 & 22 Dec: Noon – 8:30PM
- Christmas Town @ Cowabunga Bay: $20 (Children under 2 Free)
Polar Express Train Ride, Jingle Bell Sledding Hill, Yuletide Laser Tag, Santa Claus’ Cozy Cottage, Blitzen’s Bounce House Bonanza, ‘Let It Snow’ Spectacular animated show, Merry Magic Tree, Frosty’s Snow Ball Pit Fun, Tiny Tim’s Train Ride, Christmas Characters roaming, and Rudolph’s Save Christmas Paintball (extra cost for this)
- 20 & 21 Dec: 5:30PM – 9PM
- 22 – 21 Dec: 5:00PM – 10:00PM
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway Glittering Lights – About $20 per car on the day of, plan for long waits in the Car.
- Sun – Thur 5-9PM
- Fri, Sat & Holidays 5-10PM
- Magical Forest @ Opportunity Village (Closed on Christmas Day) – $15 for ages 4, rides and games are extra. Guaranteed show seating $2 (online only).
- Opens 5:30PM Nightly
If you’re here to visit family, I KNOW your day is going to involve LOTS of food! I love the idea of giving our kitchens a break and enjoying the AMAZING chefs we have all over the city and buffets are the easiest way to make sure everyone will have something that they will eat, even those picky toddlers. My favorite and toddler-friendly buffets for the holidays are:
- The Rampart – Market Place Buffet less than $30 a person AMAZING selection
- The M – Studio Buffet They are NOT open Christmas Day $41.99 and $29.99 for children 3-8
- The Orleans Medley Buffet $25 per person!
- Marquee is open this weekend and Monday. one of my favorites, get tickets RIGHT NOW.
- Dec 20 – CID
- Dec 21st – Andrew Rayel
- Dec 23 – DJ Five
- The Foundation Room is another spot open all weekend for happy hour at 5pm, and Lounge DJ after like 10.
- Lounge Hours: Daily: 5:00 pm – Close
- Various Events including a Ladies comp entry with hosted bar See site for details
- Dec 20 – DJ Esco
- Dec 21 – DJ Franzen’s House Party Holiday Edition
- Hakkasan Group has events all weekend long
- Dec 20 – Kid Conrad @ Jewel
- Fremont Street Experience has free entertainment this weekend and all week until NYE even Christmas Day!
- Bardot @ Aria by Michael Mina $79 Reservations 877.230.2742
- BLT steak @ Ballys $90
- Buddy V’s @ Venetian $58 Reservations 702.607.2355
- Giada’s @ Cromwell $120 Reserve on Open Table
Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have an additional recommendations or decide to use this guide to plan your Christmas in Vegas.