Gamers have a lot invested in their gaming laptops, consoles, and other tech. One of their top priorities is to find a way to transport all that gear safely, conveniently, and in style. Fortunately, Mobile Edge offers the solution . . . plus five tips on how gamers can choose their perfect gaming bag.
Managing gaming gear hasn’t always been this complicated. Once, it was common for Atari 2600s to sit stationary next to the family TV or for gamers to tote Game Boys and game cartridges perilously in disposable plastic bags. That’s all changed. Americans now log over 400 million long-distance business trips a year, and video gaming is recognized as a professional sport that’s followed by hundreds of millions of fans worldwide.
With so many people and their games on the move, the needs of gamers have evolved. So, too, have the bags and protective cases they rely on to get their gear where it (and they) need to go.
How to Choose the Perfect Gaming Bag
Here are five important steps for gamers to consider when choosing the “perfect” bag:
- 1. SIZE & DEDICATED STORAGE
- Is the bag big enough to fit a laptop, gaming console, tablet, smartphone, or all the above? Does it have dedicated storage? Is there room to grow? Bags such as Mobile Edge’s Core Gaming Backpacks are ideal for most gaming laptops, plus they include compartments for accessories, keyboards, controllers, and more.
- 2. ROOM FOR ACCESSORIES
- As the needs of gamers change, so too do their vital accessories. Does the bag have storage for cords, power supplies, controllers, mice, keyboards? What about Virtual Reality headsets and related accessories? In addition to a gaming laptop, Mobile Edge’s new Core VR Backpack is designed to carry VR headsets and controllers.
- 3. WEIGHT AND COMFORT
- Gaming gear adds up, which means weight and comfort are concerns. Do gamers want to carry their tech by hand (duffle style, such as with Mobile Edge’s Charcoal Metro Duffel) or backpack-style (the Core Backpacks and the Alienware Vindicator Backpack 2.0 are solid choices)? Mobile Edge bags offer a number of comfort features such as padded, shock-absorbing shoulder strap systems and ergonomic handles.
- 4. WEATHER RESISTANCE/DURABILITY
- What types of harsh conditions might gamers encounter? From the Core Backpacksto the Razer Tactical Pro Gaming Backpack, Mobile Edge makes all of its bags using only high-grade materials, such as durable ballistic Nylon, steel fittings, and self-healing zippers. All are backed by a lifetime warranty and customer satisfaction guarantee.
- 5. STYLE/FASHION
- Gamers want gear that reflects their personalities. Mobile Edge produces bags for men and women in various styles that range from edgy to contemporary—and for those who prefer a smaller carbon footprint, we offer Eco-Friendly bags made of 100% Cotton or DuPont Sorona.